Car Repairs, pt. 2
Work on the Beagle has been coming along pretty nicely. Over the past week I’ve managed to swap the fender, replace the headlight and grille, and start replacing the headlight and bumper brackets. It’s starting to look like a real car again—a horrible mismatched monstrosity, but a real car nonetheless. And luckily it’s been warmer lately, so I haven’t been snowed on all week.
Here’s the Teagle with the fender and fender liner removed.
Despite the damage to the Beagle, I didn’t really have any problem getting the fender on. And while I was at it, I took the chrome grille off of the Teagle and replaced the broken red one from the Beagle.
Oh, yeah, that looks great. The chrome almost makes up for the fact that I’ve turned my wife’s car into some sort of hideous chimera. After getting the fender and headlights back on, I mounted the bumper temporarily so that Brinestone could drive the car, then I started hacking apart the headlight and bumper brackets from the Teagle so I could replaced the bent ones on the Beagle.
It felt wrong to cut a piece of the frame off, but I figured it didn’t matter since this car would never run again anyway; it’s going to a junkyard when I’m through with it, and nobody in their right minds would buy a sixteen-year-old car with a blown head gasket and huge rusty patches on the roof so that they could fix it up and get it running again. Now I just need to attach the brackets to the Beagle by drilling holes through the brackets and the frame and then bolting them on. I was planning on doing that today, but I’m fighting a raging head cold and didn’t exactly feel up to it, so I’ll have to do that next week.