Car Repairs, pt. 3
So I’m finally just about finished fixing Brinestone’s car. There’s still a little work to do, but it’s mostly minor. It’s been a fun couple weeks full of amateur metal working. All I had to work with was a dremel, a drill, and a hammer, but I think I did pretty well with what I had. Here’s the Beagle with the new bumper bracket in place. It looks like kind of a mess, but it won’t be visible once everything’s back on.
Now here it is with the new headlight bracket attached and the bumper cover tentatively in position. The pieces are falling into place.
And finally, here it is in good-enough-to-drive form. Tada!
It’s not 100 percent finished, but the important thing is that for the first time in several weeks, it has all its headlights and indicator lights as well as the bumper and bumper cover, so it’s totally street legal now. Well, except for the missing front license plate. I guess I forgot about that. And that headlight obviously needs a little adjustment. Then I just need to put some pieces of trim back in place, and presto! Except for the hideously clashing colors, no one would ever suspect that it was wrecked.
Then I can start worrying about stripping the Teagle for other parts before I finally junk it. Alas, poor Teagle. You may have gone on to that great junkyard in the sky, but at least your donations saved another life.
3 thoughts on “Car Repairs, pt. 3”
I think it looks great! and I think the two colors go great together ;-) Seriously – great job. I couldn’t have ever done something like that.
Thanks! In all honesty, it was more time-consuming than it was hard. Mostly it was a matter of removing bolts and screws, swapping the pieces out, and putting the bolts and screws back in place. The rest I just made up as I went along.
Nice job! I’m impressed.
Comments are closed.